Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Lively Poppies

It was time for a few more poppies. In addition to my red poppies, here are a few bright blue ones. (See, I'm still stuck on blue these days...) Soon to follow: cheeky pink, milky white and maybe a surprise or two.

I've always had a thing for poppies. Since it's the state flower, my out-of-state Grandpap used to call me his 'California Poppy'. He even had those wispy V.F.W. poppies hanging from the rear view mirror in his truck. When we buried him, they were in his hands. No one has called me "Poppy" since he passed away. I miss it. I miss him.

They are such happy little flowers. I think Grandpap would like my poppies. I hope that you do too.

3 comments:

casch said...

I certainly LOVE them and I know your grandpap would love them too!

Mir said...

All right - I am coming for a visit! I LOVE the poppies and the bobby pins - All your flowers are just adorable! Expect a knock at your door soon ...

G. R. said...

That was a very nice memory to share.

Related Posts with Thumbnails