Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Ode To Lera's Ode To Candy Corn

Lera, over at The Sky Is Pink, recently made a candy corn tote bag. I could not stop staring at it. Just staring. More staring. And dreaming. I have never made a tote bag. I do not have a pattern. But, somehow I just willed this bag into existence. That was after the 17 times I failed at making this bag and the 8 times that I sewed it shut (is it supposed to open from the side??) Thank you for the inspiration (as usual) Lera!

I've also been very busy preparing for my first craft fair of the season. It's tomorrow. I'm not ready. I'm never ready. But, at least I have two bins full of my dolls.
Ten more pin cushion/mini dolls have been added to the lineup and also some Pride and Prejudice text bangles. All of this is in addition to my harvest and halloween clippies and miscellaneous other hair accessories. At the very least, my table will be full.

See you for VTT tomorrow.

7 comments:

Patty said...

I love your candy corn bag! Good luck at the craft fair! I hope you sell out of everything. :)

lera said...

CUTE, Diane! I'm so happy you made one (and figured it out).

Love your little dolls, too.

Anonymous said...

You did it! You did it! I knew you wouldn't stop until you figured it out. It's delightful!

I too, hope you sell out of everything! You've worked hard enough!

Good luck!!

Mary Child said...

The candy corn bag is very cute, and I'm wishing you luck at your very first craft fair too! (Congrats on the Wuthering Heights score)!!!

Missa said...

Hey, is that Minya's twin I see? Clover loves her new doll, by the way :) Hope the craft fair went well!

Diane said...

Yes, Minya does have a twin - cut from the same pillowcase. I don't think I'll get another one out of it though! Glad that Clover is enjoying her new russian friend :)

Jenny said...

I love the thought of Pride and Prejudice Text Bangles!

Related Posts with Thumbnails