Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Vintage Thingies Thursday: Mail It!


It's Vintage Thingies Thursday again. Please visit our hostess, The Apron Queen, for plenty more blogworthy vintage finds.
This vintage metal file box recently caught my eye. It was a great brick red color, had sweet, white carrier pigeons swooping down with the mail and was useful to boot!

I snatched it up. I don't know it's vintage time frame, but the woman who sold it to me was, well, vintage. You may have noticed that I've been using the past tense... that's because my address box went up for sale in my new vintage etsy shop Acorn Pudding. It has already sold. Parting with our vintage goodies is truly bittersweet. We just can't keep everything - even if we want to keep stashing it all away. Plus, it actually brings me hope because now I'm looking forward to the next find!

9 comments:

casch said...

I'm not surprised it went so quickly, it's adorable! Not just cute, but useful too. Good find!

Drewzel said...

It is divine! Yay!

Grandma Faith said...

Someone bought a wonderful treasure!

grace said...

That is SO cute. I wouldn't have been able to sell it.

This, incidentally, is why I have no money and a cluttered house.

threesidesofcrazy said...

It's really cute - looks like late 40's or early 50's. Good luck on the Etsy shop.

Carrie said...

That was a great find...and I'm so glad that Etsy includes vintage goods!

JEWELGIRL said...

It is a cute box, and it is no
wonder it was sold fast!!

Kellie said...

**SWOON** That would be hard to pass up and even harder to let go of!

Jenny said...

Oh! I wish I would have seen this! VERY cute!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails