Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Falling (tea) Leaves Swap Received!

Look at all the wonderful goodness that was sent to me by Angelena over at Little Mountain House!

She was my swap partner for the Falling (tea) Leaves swap. It's incredible, but she managed to send my very favorite tea AND my husband's favorite tea... Celestial Seasonings chamomile and true blueberry. How did she do that??! Also sent, a variety of other teas, wild cherry hard candies, two mini doilies, decorative fall leaves, a blueberry scone recipe and a delightful cranberry toile tea cup and saucer. Unfortunately, the Post Office was unkind to the package and the tea cup handle broke in 4 places, while the saucer broke cleanly in half. But that's what superglue is for :) Everything is wonderful. Thank you Angelena!

Here's what I sent to Little Mountain House:a vintage tea towl, a tea sandwich plate and cup set, a box of delicious gingerbread tea and a brown and white polka dot apron that I made just for her.

I had this vision of an apron (mom, stop rolling your eyes) that I wanted to make for her. That's how it is with me, I come up with something in my mind and then have to find it or make it happen. Without a pattern, I started cutting... and created my first half apron. And my first ruffle! I put two running stitches (starting in the middle and working out) to create the ruffle without breaking the thread.

What really set in my mind was to create a removable, decorative (thrifted) lace panel on the front of the apron.
I wanted to create a hostess-type apron. She can wear it while working, then attach the pretty lace panel via the hooks and eyes to dress it up a bit when the guests arrive. The apron turned out as I envisioned, so it was difficult to part with! It was a joy to make, and I hope that she enjoys wearing it.

Be sure to check out Rebecca and Danielle's swap too. They exchanged a vast amount of goodies. Well done, ladies!

9 comments:

Rosie the Cat said...

What a lovely thing to have come in the mail!

casch said...

Yes, that is your usual mode. Design it in your head and then either find it or make it! I don't know how you do it, but you always do! This was lovely! Another good job.

Danielle said...

Looks like a lovely swap!

The toile teacup you received is just my style!

I also really love the apron...brown polka dots with the lace pannel is a great combo! Great job on the ruffle too!

Anonymous said...

I love your apron! And your ruffle sewing tips. My thread often breaks and it is so frustrating! I just forget to usually adjust the tension in my sewing machine.

Jenny said...

Love the apron! Looks like it was very fun and cozy swap.

Jenny said...

I just got the sweetest package in the mail from you!!! I love my new red Christmas towel. Thank you! How very thoughtful of you!

Missa said...

Looks like a fun swap, bummer about the broken teacup, it's a lovely one. The apron is so cute, what a wonderful idea to do a removable lace panel! Also, the ruffle looks perfect, nice job :)

Kelli said...

What a wonderful swap and sweet gifts!
~Kelli
I saw your question about the teacups. Strangely, the only marking is a glue lion emblem on the bottom. No words of any kind.

Karla Cook @ Roads to Everywhere said...

That is so cool! I am looking forward to getting my swap!

Related Posts with Thumbnails