by Vintage Mommy. She has a great list, btw. My job: post 7 random or weird facts about myself. Your job: Read, but don't be frightened.
1. In 6th grade, I paper cut my right eye. (I know, Ew!) One week later -the day I got my patch off- I paper cut my left eye while showing someone how I did it the first time. (Double Ew.)
2. As a child, I was determined that my family should win Publisher's Clearing House Sweepstakes. We did. 4th place. They sent me a black "Star of India" semi-precious stone as our prize. My parents had it set in a ring for me. (An unfortunate notable difference between 1st and 4th place.)
3. I collect postcards. Your vacation or mine, doesn't matter.
4. Many people have asked me if I'm from Minnesota because of my "accent" (don't have one, California born and raised.) Yet when I travel, I've been mistaken as french (I'm not) due to my russian-spy looking passport and driver's license photo. (Sample conversation: Do you like croissants? Yeah, you BETcha! Been to the Eiffel Tower? Niet.)
5. To further confuse my international-ness, I recently realized that when I talk to myself, I have a british accent. (Still not british and I've never been to the U.K.)
6. Leaf blowers drive me crazy. Just. Don't. Like. Them.
7. (Dieters please skip this one, it will just make you angry.) Food has very little impact on me (unless it's ice cream) and I frequently forget to eat. It just feels like a chore!
I must now tag others. They are: Miranda, Mary, Katie, Patty, Ma, Danielle and Jamie.