Thursday, August 7, 2008

Three New Girls

My latest creations are these Matryoshka dolls for Charlotte. Usually, the russian nesting dolls are made of wood and are hidden inside each other, but these softies sit comfortably in a pouch. They are 6 inches, 4 inches and 2 inches in size. The faces are hand embroidered (utilizing my first attempt at french knots!) then machine zig zagged. The hair is recently thrifted, soft, vintage brown corduroy.
Matryoshka dolls have been everywhere lately and I can't get them off of my mind. There's also plenty of inspiration on etsy. These little gals are my first attempt to make the vision I had in my brain. They're preeetty close. Granted, I had no real pattern, just some sketches (and drawing is not my strong suit.) But, I learned a lot about what to do and what I will do differently next time. I hope to make more... maybe for my own etsy store someday.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think they are adorable and I know Charlotte will think so too! You did a great job~those lovely little dolls get awfully teensy! I personally love them and may request a set for myself! They really are adorable. Another good job by Diane!

Mary Child said...

IMPRESSIVE! Is there no end to your resourcefulness & talent? It's annoying to those of us who have neither!!!

They're very cute Diane, and seriously, very impressive. I'm sure Charlotte will love them.

Mir said...

I LOVE THEM!!! They turned out so great Diane!! I think the faces have such sweet personality (SO ADORABLE!) Am I cheesey if I request s trio for Christmas this year??? The fabrics blend wonderfully ... excellent job! And the photos of them turned out great too!

Anonymous said...

I wanted to add that I believe your picture of the dolls turned out so great~~because of your new light box!

Julie T said...

Not only are the dolls adorable (I think of me and my two sisters...I of course being the cutest little one...), but the whole blog is so fun to check out. Girly. Creative. Someday I'll have to try the recipes, too!

Anonymous said...

great work Diane! Such cute fabrics and such cute faces!!

Missa said...

These are really really cool Diane, I love them! I think they would sell really well on Etsy!

Related Posts with Thumbnails