Friday, March 6, 2009

Pasta Free Jewelry

This is the first necklace I've made that didn't include macaroni. Really, I don't think I've made a necklace since I was in Brownies. But recently, I saw BarkerBell's sewing machine necklace and was smitten with the mini machine. I just wanted it a little more spruced up. So, I ordered the dollhouse miniature sewing machine for myself. Then snagged this bag o' beads from the thrift for .50 cents.
I acquired the acorn and leaf charm at a recent yard sale - again for .50 cents (seems to be my favorite number as of late.) Finally, I put it all together on a craft store, antiqued bronze chain.

Having no idea how to put beads on a necklace, I found this link showing me how to make headpins. I McGyver'd it by using floral wire.

When I walk around, the necklace jingles like a little bell. I like to think of it as a reminder to get back to my sewing machine soon.

P.S. You still have until tomorrow evening to enter my blogiversary giveaway here.

5 comments:

casch said...

How adorable this is! You are so clever! Great job. Gotta love the old Singer!

Patty said...

I love that little sewing machine and what you did with that necklace.

Danielle said...

Cute! You have some really good thrift store and yard sales!

G. R. said...

You are truly an artist, and a good one to boot. (No pun intended.) ((Well, maybe.))

Missa said...

Darling necklace and I think your additions to the wee sewing machine make it extra special!

Related Posts with Thumbnails