My soap strongly resembles butter. Mmmmm, buuuuutter. Anyway, my homemade peppermint soap is done curing. The results are in: we all came out squeaky clean.
- Not pepperminty enough as I didn't have enough essential oil. They have just a hint of peppermint fragrance to them, but they still smell very clean.
- The soap was cut to brick size. Ok, half a brick. But trust me, if this was the old west and the whole town only had one of my bars of soap, they'd all get clean.
- They take 4 weeks to cure.
- We have enough soap for the whole year (and maybe next year too.)
- The soap feels wonderful: not too lotion-y, but also doesn't strip our skin.
- Great lather. No sulfates!
- Cost effective.
- Self-sufficiency satisfaction.
Hands down, we love our soap. If I can do this, you can do this too. Best resource book: The Soapmaker's Companion.