Saturday, September 12, 2009

Thrifty Workspace

Recently, I came upon this oak sewing cabinet on craigslist. (I've been searching for a cabinet for my freearm machine for nearly 2 years!) The cabinets I found were never quite right... either they weren't made for a freearm machine, or they were just plain too expensive.

This cabinet (with an electric lift) was $50 and included a vintage Elna sewing machine! Since I prefer my trusty Singer machine, I enlisted my dear H's help. He fired up the power tools, removed the Elna machine and mounted the Singer. Isn't she lovely?
Now I have drawer space, spool racks and double the workspace. And we have our kitchen table back ;)
In recent days, I haven't been able to sew... but the projects are piling up and this workspace is so inviting! Thanks to my dear H for making it all possible.

6 comments:

Danielle said...

Wow! That does look inviting! and it is a great deal too! We have found several items on craigslist as well!

Yay for an empty kitchen table and double Yay for a Hubby's help!

Can't wait til you start crafting again:-)

katie jean said...

wow! smart girl. very very nice :)

Grandma Shelley said...

I LOVE that cabinet! Good for you!

Kristi said...

WoW! That is so awesome! What a blessing. It's amazing what the Lord blesses us with when we are patient and wait. How wonderful for your husband to mount your machine on there. I know many a project will be done on your new lovely sewing space!

Don't worry, I was clumsy as could be every time I was pregnant too. And I am the epitimy of grace. Almost trained for the Olymics in gymnastics, but pregnancy threw off my sense of balance and sense of how big and where my body was. I pray protection for you for the rest of your expecting days!

casch said...

Gram's machine looks all snuggled in there~I know Gram is smiling.

java girl said...

What a lovely work space. You are really going to rock and roll when you get things going again! I can not wait to see all of your lovely creations. I need inspiration ;o)

Related Posts with Thumbnails