8 eggs (6 eggs)
1/4 cup sliced black olives (we were out of olives)
4 pita bread rounds (3 olive oil wraps)
4 roma tomatoes, chopped (8 cherry tomatoes, chopped)
1/2 cucumber, chopped
2 tablespoon parsley
1/8 teaspoon salt (salt substitute)
1/8 teaspoon pepper
8 slices canadian bacon or bacon (2 slices prosciutto, chopped)
4 ounces crumbled feta cheese
1/4 cup plain low-fat yogurt (1/4 cup sour cream)
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Lightly coat inside of ramekins or custard cups with spray or olive oil. Break two eggs into each ramekin. Divide olives evenly among ramekins.
2. Place ramekins in a three quart rectangular dish, add boiling water to dish to depth of one inch. Place baking dish with eggs in oven. Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until eggs are set when lightly shaken.
3. Warm pita bread or wraps.
4. Meanwhile, in a medium bowl combine tomatoes, cucumber, parsley, salt and pepper, set aside. Cook canadian bacon over medium heat until browned, or bacon is crisp. Serve prosciutto at room temperature.
5. Sprinkle rounds with feta cheese. To serve, carefully remove ramekins from water bath; invert onto rounds. Top each serving with some of the tomato mixture and a dollop of yogurt or sour cream. Serve immediately. Serves 4.
Our tomato mixture looks skimpy in the picture, but the bulk of it was secretly hidden behind the ramekin-shaped egg. My husband couldn't stop telling me how delicious dinner was, therefore I had to post the recipe asap. Enjoy.