Wednesday, February 4, 2009

A Mess Of Mess

Last week, Vintage Mommy showed pictures of her house in Just Keepin' It Real. She made a valid point about how we, as bloggers, only post what we want others to see - which sometimes appears that we always have it together. As wives and mothers, we know the truth. We do not always have it together.
In solidarity, I immediately ran out and snapped some pix of my messy pantry shelves. It looks like we just had an earthquake. Our 50-year-old closed-in porch serves as our laundry room, pantry and general storage area. You can imagine that the mess can quickly reach mammoth proportions.

I've needed baskets and organizers for the shelves for quite some time... ok, four years. Well, I thrifted some that very day.
Three wire baskets and two canned food organizers ran a total of $5.00. After grocery shopping and adding more food, I still have some space left.
It's a start! As for the closet... I'm just not that brave. Yet.

8 comments:

Jamie @ Bungalow Bee said...

NICE job!! It looks GREAT!

casch said...

Wow! You did a great job! You really put those thrifted items to work! Wya to go! Can you come and work on mine now?

lera said...

Pfff! You should see my pantry. Or maybe not. It's not for the faint of heart.

Where did you find your can holder things? They look handy.

Mary Child said...

Great job on the organizing; I have some unbearably messy closets myself. Thanks for the motivation.

Diane, I really can't thank you enough for bringing dinner to my family while my neck is recovering. I woke up this morning and thought, "I can't believe Diane drove all the way over here, and took all that time out of her day for me." It is seriously the most thoughtful thing anyone has done for me in a great while, and I can't tell you how touched I am and how deeply I appreciate it.

Olivia loves her hair clips and the clip holder! It's hanging in the bathroom right now and is the cutest thing ever...

You are SO GREAT and SO THOUGHTFUL and I SO APPRECIATE your friendship, Diane. Jon was eyeing the pizza last night after work, and we are all excited to have dinner taken care of tonight. It will make tonight so much more bearable for me...

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!!

Missa said...

Oh, I could definitely come up with some really scary shots for this type of post, especially with the state of things in our house right now.

We're in the process of opening up our kitchen into the laundry/pantry/storage room and adding on a new laundry/pantry/storage room. Your before pics look like organizational heaven to me, haha!

Jenny said...

This post made me smile! It's good to know that I'm not alone. :)

Danielle said...

:-) That post inspired me as well! Although, I must admit, I wanted to clean up a little before I took the picts...ha!...how real is that!

Love the thrifted sorters! That will make it easy to keep it organized!

Patty said...

I have the same soy sauce and the low-sodium beans! Yes, I am tad excited about that. I admit I'm fascinated by other people's kitchen cupboards so this was really fun. You did a great job with your organizing too.

Related Posts with Thumbnails